Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Sink That Broke My Heart


Once upon a time I remodeled my house.....and loved it....then I had to move.  Ahhhh..the things we do for our kids.  At the time I had no idea that I was remodeling my old house for a new owner.  My new house is bigger and I love it, but it has someone else's kitchen design in it.  The other day I found some pictures on my computer of my old kitchen, and I am missing it. Come reminisce with me.


My old kitchen had oak cabinets and brass hardware.  Neither were to my taste.  When we started we had no idea what we were doing and bought all new appliances, then did the floor, then did the cabinets and countertops.  My flooring guy rolled his eyes at us because the appliances were all installed and he needed to get under them to finish the floor.  Live and learn :)

We hired a cabinet guy to faux finish the cabinets.  I LOVED the way they turned out.  It still amazes me how dramatic the change was!!




Not a day goes by in my new house that I don't want to paint my cabinets just like my old ones!!!


Soon after the cabinets were done I got my dream come true sink.....the farm house sink.  AKA the apron front sink. I was in love and couldn't believe that I got to do dishes in such an amazing sink.  I know, it doesn't take much and I'm a design dork, but I LOVED that sink!!  Then my heart was broken...I had to leave my sink behind when we moved. If I could've I would've taken it with me!!








I miss that sink everyday!  
This is what I deal with on a daily basis in my new home.




What is with this design?!?!  I am positive that whomever designed this either never did dishes, or was mad at the person in their lives who did do the dishes! Plus it doesn't have a sprayer to rinse the sink out with. I end up with water all over me, trying to scoop water all over the sink to rinse it out.  And what! is with that little bowl with the disposal in it....it's ridiculous!  The little platform in front of the bowl is a mystery to me, what is that for!?  I've had kids come over to my house and tell me how weird my sink is.  I want to cry, not because of the comment, but because I miss my old farm sink.  


Some day I WILL have another farm house sink in my house.  Someday......


No comments:

Post a Comment