Friday, May 30, 2014

Local Antiquing

Buying vintage items for my home makes me happy!  I love stuff with a story.  Knowing the history of an object is really fascinating to me.  I am so lucky to live in a small town that loves it's history. There are a few antique shops in town on Main Street that attract the tourists, but I love to shop at one in particular.  It's called Nest Egg Vintage.



Karen (pronounced Car-in) is the owner and has only lived in Midway for about the same amount of time that I have.  She has retired here and is using her nest egg to sell antiques.  It's a fun shop full of many different items.  She has baskets, marque letters, farm equipment, saddles, enamelware, mason jars, dishes, vintage furniture, etc.  There is always something different and it is so fun to look around.  Today I found two things, old milk bottles in a crate, and an old chippy chair.  I shop for what I love and then find a home for it.  And I loved both of these items and snatched them up!


The chair was only $15!!!  I love chippy painted wood and this would be hard to replicate.  

It's so chippy!!



The milk bottles have red writing that will fit in with the other red vintage kitchen items that I already have.  

 

I love everything about this chair!! And my neighbors horses were so nice to pose for me in the background :)

Once I got the chair back in the house, I think I found a place for it, in our home office.  It's holding posters and maps all rolled up in a group. I didn't want kids sitting in the chippy chair because some of the paint is really peeling and I don't want to lose anymore of it then I have to.  Hopefully the bucket will deter kids from taking a seat. 


If you are ever in the Heber/Midway area and want a fun vintage store to visit, check out Nest Egg Vintage:

93 West Main Street Unit B
Midway, Utah
Find them on facebook under nesteggvintage

No comments:

Post a Comment