Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fake It 'Till You Make It

I have a confession.....I'm not a flower kind of girl.  I can't grow them or keep them alive, and getting a bouquet isn't my thing.  However....I do like looking at them, I'm not a total flower scrooge.  But I would rather be given a cupcake, or double chocolate brownie....you get the picture. So the other day my oldest was given a beautiful rose bouquet from her boyfriend, and I'm thinking maybe I missed out on years of beautiful flower opportunities.


Staring at this all week on my table, I've realized I could have had years of fresh flowers in my home. Keeping them alive is probably what has scared me off in the past. But I think the magic is in those powder filled packets that come with cut flowers because cut flowers are the only kind I can keep alive.

 
I fully admit a green thumb is a gift I did not get when the talents were being handed out.  So as a general rule in my decorating I tend to go with the everliving plant. AKA....the fake, plastic, easy to keep alive plant.




I can live with dusting every once in awhile over remembering to water house plants.  It's the solution for every busy mom out there who has to worry about keeping the kids fed and alive, but has no time to think about plants. But I think I might splurge and get flowers for my kitchen table every once in awhile.  Even my husband loved those roses on the table this week.  But if you are in the market for the everliving variety, and you live by an IKEA, they have quite a few reasonably priced varieties.  When I was staging my last home to put on the market, I had an IKEA plant in every room.   





 

They were inexpensive and fit in almost any smaller pot.  The greenery is just a small topper and can be moved easily moved around.  That made it easy for me when I moved to fit the plants into my new decor.


Even though I'm not a flower kind of girl.....I can still have the feel of living plants in my home. I wish keeping the kids fed was as easy as stopping by IKEA.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment