Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Blank Slate

I have had a dream since I was a teenager, when the decorating bug bit, and that was to design a home from top to bottom from scratch.  With my new home I kind of get to live out a part of that dream by being able to design a few rooms from a blank slate into something I love.  In my past homes my decorating was always dictated by either the age of the house or the colors/structures that were already there.  My new home has more rooms then we have ever had before and I am so excited to make them over into rooms we love. 
 
Our blank slate of a front room. 

 I have always thought it would be easy to take a blank room and do anything to it, but I have found that when you have limitless ideas, it can be hard to narrow it down.  


My master bedroom is one area that we are decorating right now and I thought it would be so simple to put together.  I was starting with a matress and white comforter, beige walls and white trim.  How hard could this be?

Not the greatest before picture but it shows the bed with no headboard and my sad little nightstand. Don't ask why my husband is on a brand new ladder.  It was a long night listening to that darn fire alarm!!!!!!!!

 Harder then I thought!!  I poured through Pottery Barn catalogs and also pinned like a crazy person.  And I finally came up with a color scheme that is actually out of my comfort zone.  I usually stick to reds and greens, but I am going crazy with orange.  Well, maybe not crazy, but orange will be playing a feature part in my master bedroom.  My husband was not on board when I first showed him the pillows that I found.  But SLOWLY it is coming together and he is coming around. 

Here is a sneak peak of the orange pillows that started the whole color scheme.  

And here is a sneak peak of what is to come in my master bedroom.

 
 I've been waiting weeks to use these pillows, and it will probably be a few more until I can reveal the whole room.  It's a process and even though it was tough to start with a blank slate, I am having a fun time putting this all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment