Sunday, June 1, 2014

Rethunk Junk Clock

After finishing my high chair project, I had a little leftover Rethunk Junk Paint and I had finally got to another project on my to-do list.  I bought this clock on clearance at Homegoods about a year ago, and always had it in mind to paint it. 


I keep forgetting to take the before pic so this was just after I started painting.  The clock was originally all black and it totally blended into the office desk.  But, not a problem, because using the Rethunk Junk paint system is really easy, and changed it into a stand out piece in no time.  Spray on the Prep Spray, wait 30 seconds, wipe off.  This clears off whatever finish is on the wood so the new paint will stick.  Next, paint one or two layers, wait to dry for about 30 minutes, then seal with the Rethunk Junk sealer. It was dry and ready to go back in the office within a half hour.  I love this stuff!!!!



Before the black finish faded into the desk and the computer, now it stands out.   The formal living room, I call it the library, is just off the office and I have a few turquoise accents in it, and now the clock pulls in the blue color to the office.

Turquoise accents in the library. 
 I am really loving red and turquoise right now.  I know it is a fad in decorating, but I don't mind painting everything that I made blue to a new color in a few years.

 I love completing fast projects. I can get it all painted and cleaned up before dinner.  Now, if only getting dinner on the table was this easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment